True Love?-15th Feb 09’
St.Marks Chruch
6:30 PM
Tom Ryan
‘I love these shoes’
‘I love chocolate’
‘I love playing rugby’
‘I love my iPod touch’
1 Corinthians: 13:1-8 from street bible
Love PowerPoint- Slide 1
1.Eros- Romantic love- A passionate love with sensual desire and longing for someone.
People say its true<3
Normally Marriage or boyfriend or girlfriend
Example: My Mum and Dad
2.Phillia-Friendship love- A love between to friends
Loyalty to friends and family
Example:I phillia Simon, Deborah, Catherine, Jt, Mum Dad evry1 I call friend or family
3.Storge- affection- Natural affection
Parents towards offspring
Example- I hope my parents storge me and naturally love me
4.Thelma-Desire- A desire to do something
AGAPE
Love PowerPoint- Slide 2
3 meanings
Divine Love
(Someone go round with hand-held mic getting other words for divine I write them on big piece of paper on board)
(Wonderful, glorious, Almighty, Fabulous, Fantastic)
ALL DESCRIBE GODS LOVE
Self Sacrificing-
Story- The fact that this 5 yr old boy thought he was going to die and still said yes so he could save his sister.... exactly like God.. He could have kept Jesus with him in heaven but he sent him down to earth knowing he would die...
(While a volunteer was working at Stanford Hospital in the United States he came across a little girl called Liz. She has a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of recovery was a blood transfusion from her 5 year-old brother, who had somehow survived the same disease and had developed the antibiotics needed to combat the illness. The doctor explained the situation to the young boy and that she needed some of his blood to survive. The volunteer who was present at the time saw the 5-year-old only hesitate for a moment before taking a deep breath and saying ‘Yes, I’ll do it if it will save Liz’. As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister and smiled, seeing the colour return to her cheeks. Then his face grew pale, and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice, ‘Will I start to die straight away?’)
But Jesus was put on this earth to die
TIME FOR MATHS!
Sum
1 cross (Jesus was nailed to the cross) + 3 nails (1 in each hand and 1 for both feet) = everyone is 4given (God loves us so much he wants to forgive us for everything)
Bible verse- new living translation- 1 john 3:16
A perfect man died for us… died for billions of generations of people who will sin and who had already sinned.
That’s love… I couldn’t send my Son away to die on behalf of some careless people and for careless people to come….
Unconditional
A promise that he will always love us
Unlimited love for us
Whatever we do God will always love us and our children and our children’s children…. He also loves our grandparents our great parents who may not be with us.
Last Verse…. John 3 :16 (last slide)
That’s what I call love….
(Offer of prayer at the end) If you don’t feel God has a reason to love you or you want to say sorry and be forgiven.
End!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment